Rochelle Fox aka A Fox That Meows @ Kevin McKensie
Rochelle Fox is one very talented and very busy lady! From fashion blogger, to model, to dj and presenter of features on radio segment The Dirt (2day fm) it’s hard to keep up with Miss Fox aka The Fox That Meows.
Having been in the entertainment industry since she was 16, Rochelle has tried just about every application of hair extensions on the market. And while she is a fan of clipins, she is bowled over by the quality and longevity of Great Lengths hair extensions. No more being paranoid about her weft of hair unclipping and sliding out while dancing. And certainly none of the pain or unnatural results of other permanent options.
To read about Rochelle’s experience, click here. She has some fantastic pics up of her hair as she appeared as No 52 in Maxim’s Top 100.
• Do not shampoo your hair for 48 hours after your Great Lengths service, including initial and maintenance services. This will give enough time for the bonds to settle and ensure that your extensions will not slide out through premature contact with cleansing chemicals.
• Do not use products that contain sulphur, such as dandruff shampoos. Use recommended Great Lengths products that are especially designed to improve the condition of your hair extensions. They can be purchased from selected Great Lengths salons or via our online store.
Great Lengths Dual Active range
• Expect to see small quantities of naturally released hair trapped in the bonds after some time. This is quite normal and should not be interpreted as hairs being pulled out of the scalp by the extensions themselves. These ends can be cut by your stylist to minimise tangling close to the bonds.
• Prior to bed, pull your hair back into a soft ponytail to prevent tangling while sleeping. Use a Great Lengths Satin Pillowcase to allow your hair to move freely while you sleep.
• Return to your salon two weeks after your extensions have been applied for a check-up appointment. It may be necessary to replace a few strands if they have not settled correctly.
• If you experience bond slippage or any discomfort, contact your Great Lengths Certified technician to determine the cause and remedy the situation.
• Brush your hair twice a day using a Great Lengths brush which is specifically designed for Great Lengths hair extensions. Do not use hard brush strokes. Separate your applied strands using your fingers and slowly brush close to the scalp. This will avoid matting in this area. Do not use a hard bristled brush. This may cause the extension strands to slip out.
Great Lengths brushes
THE GLOSSPEL according to Tracey Withers
Grazia October 26th issue
“PRETTY IN PUNK
Cue to toe-dip the pink-hair panels you’ve ummed about since Peter Som gave them the S/S 13 fash ticks. Get these extensions before the end of October, and 100 per cent of spend goes to the National Breast Cancer Foundation.www.greatlengths.com.au/pinkhair
The beauty standout of the runway this S/S was undeniably pastel hair. Thakoon kicked off the trend a year ago and while many thought it would be a quick fad, pastel dip dyed ends, highlights and solid tints have only gained momentum. Oscar de la Rente,Peter Som, Marc Jacobs all revived it for their 2013 collections.
What better reason to try out this rather brave look than for a good cause!
Great Lengths annual fundraiser Pink hair to show you Care for the National Breast Cancer Foundation sees 100% of your $ going to the charity.
Grazia mention of Great Lengths Pink Hair fundraiser
Famous Magazine October 15th 2012
During the month of October there are many ways that you can support breast cancer research. Great Lengths’ Pink Hair to Show You Care fundraiser gives 100% of your donation to the National Breast Cancer Foundation (NBCF) and in exchange you get a pink hair extension to show your support and create awareness of this great cause.
Famous magazine showcased Great Lengths Pink Hair along with a few other beauty products which will donate a portion of their proceeds in this week’s issue.
The beauty look on runways across the globe is long sleek locks. From Melbourne Fashion Week to New York Fashion Week, the Victoria Secret angel blow out seems to be taking a backstep while perfectly polished ponytails and waist skimming straight hair is taking the spotlight. The minimalist look of fashion has infiltrated beauty with hair also echoing the bright colour palette. Pink hair is everywhere! Marc Jacobs, Oscar De La Rente, Lisa Ho, they’re all picking up on this hair craze.
Harpers Bazaar Australia has some suggestions on grooming your hair for this new look. Length is vital! Minimize the trims and start growing those locks or turn to Great Lengths hair extensions for an extra 10, 20 or even 30cm instantly!
Long Straight Hair from the Runway
Harpers Bazaar suggests ways to groom your hair for the latest look
Kim Kardashian arrives in Sydney
Celebs and fashion designers are loving their top knots this season! Stylista, Kim Kardashian (seen right) arrived in Sydney yesterday for an event for E! at Nield Avenue restaurant in Rushcutters Bay.
Hair trendsetter and Great Lengths fan, Lauren Conrad, wore a top knot throughout this year’s New York Fashion Week and on the cover of her book, Style. Model turned actress, Diane Kruger was also seen just last week at the Toronto Film Festival with a top knot inspired by the Valentino Paris Couture show.
What’s your take on this easy to replicate at home runway look?
hot or not…
Blake Lively appears on the cover of Allure Magazine
The actress most commonly known for her part as Serena van der Woodsen in TV’s Gossip Girl has certainly made her mark on Hollywood. The rising star of the moment has appeared in numerous glossies due to her incredible style and natural fresh beauty. Her hair is the envy of many for it’s messy and yet sexy effortless appeal.
Recently announced as the face of Gucci’s upcoming Premier fragrance…
And having just tied the knot with actor boyfriend Ryan Reynolds over the weekend, Lively can’t put a foot wrong.
In the September issue of CULTURE, writer Phoebe Parsons learns more about adding extra oomph to fine lifeless hair.
In her new monthly article, Confessions of a Beauty Scribe, Parsons chats to Michael Mesiti, Great Lengths National Education Manager and resident hair extension expert at Bauhaus Hair, a bespoke hair salon in Sydney’s Waterloo area.
In a society where faking it has become the norm with faux glows, lash extensions, etc hair extensions are becoming an increasingly popular service for those looking to add not only length but more commonly thickness too.
Posted in beauty tips, Great Lengths News, hair extensions, hair industry
Tagged add thickness to fine hair, add volume to fine hair, bauhaus hair, culture hair magazine, fine hair, Great Lengths, Hair extensions, sydney hair salon, waterloo hair salon
Kate Beckinsale at Comic Con 2012
As a fan of Great Lengths hair extensions, Kate Beckinsale’s thick brunette mane always looks healthy and glossy.
The English actress, who is currently promoting her movie the remake of Total Recall, is naturally blessed with lots of hair but is known to add extra length and incredible volume with hair extensions.
To get Kate’s perfect balayaged hair colour go for a combination of Great Lengths Colour Block 04 to 28 which gives you a medium brown on the roots flowing to a dark copper blonde on the ends and Great Lengths Colour Block 03 to 05 for some added depth of colour. Scatter a Colour 08 throughout.
6 of the Best From the Red Carpet 1
Soap World National – July 2012
Here you have it, the six best looks from our favourite Hollywood starlets on the red carpet.
1. Emma Stone’s seductive stare: The prefect smokey eye.
2. Zooey’s lashes: The New Girl actress certainly knows how to emphasize those gorgeous doe-eyes.
3. Michelle Williams flawless face: Wouldn’t we all loooove a gorgeous peachy complexion like Michelle’s!
Go candy pink, jewel blue, pastel mint or creamy peach with the coloured hair trend that is ultra trendy at the moment
4. Katy Perry’s traffic stopping hair: If you share the pop star’s sense of fun, why not try add some colour to your hair without the damage. Great Lengths fashion colours range from pastel to bright to jewel, go for glimpses of colour or try the latest dip dye trend.
5. Angelina’s timeless rouge pout: You may not have Ange’s incredible set of lips but the shade shade of red is a classic on everyone.
6. Jessica Alba golden goddess: Fake Jessica’s radiant warm glow with a great self-tan.