Fusion Hair Extensions versus Great Lengths Individual Strands
Also known as fusion hair extensions, iTip,UTip,VTip.Hair extension strands are bonded to the natural hair with various types of adhesives such as keratin, glue, plant based and petroleum based adhesives. If pre bonded, a application machine is used to soften the bond. All other methods use a “glue gun”.
- Fusion hair extensions are generally the most discrete (depending on the application techniques).
- They're permanent, meaning you have gorgeous thick hair everyday for up to 6 months.
- They're easy to maintain if you have the correct guidelines. With a little extra TLC (and depending on the bond) you care for fusion hair extensions in much the same way that you would your natural hair.
- If not applied and removed by a trained technician you could risk damage to your natural hair.
- Fusion hair extensions can require 4+ hours for application depending on the amount of strands needed.
- Many fusion extensions are applied with "glue guns" which are messy and time consuming.
- Many fusion hair extensions use polymers which are petroleum based or glue adhesives - these are not compatible with the human hair and may cause unnecessary damage.